This Strawberry-Peach gluten free crumble is clean-eating friendly. It’s naturally sweet, thanks to the juiciness of the fresh, local fruit, and lightly spiced, thanks to a pinch of ground cinnamon. The combination of soft juicy peaches, ripe red strawberries and a thick oaty and crumbly topping makes this Clean Peach Crumble the epitome of summer; just a bite and you’ll be taken to a dream land of sun-kissed skin, beach BBQ’s, and warm bonfire nights! There’s no better way to enjoy this summer treat than with some vanilla ice cream and good company. The ingredients listed below will yield 9 slices. Head on over to one of our favorite local farm-stands listed below to see where you can get some mouth-watering strawberries and peaches.
You will need:
- 5 extra large peaches
- 1-1 1/2 containers of cut strawberries
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- ¾ c old-fashioned gluten-free oats
- ¼ c whole wheat flour (or millet flour)
- 2 tbsp melted, unsalted ‘I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter’
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat an 8”-square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, toss together the cut strawberries and diced peaches with cornstarch, almond extract, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon until completely combined.
- In another bowl, mix together the oats, flour, as well as the rest of the cinnamon.
- Add in unsalted ‘I can’t believe it’s not butter’ until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread the fruit mixture into the prepared pan, and then evenly sprinkle the second mixture of oat crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, which should be enough time for the mixture to become crunchy.
- Let the pan cool completely to room temperature for approximately 2 hours in order to achieve the best results. We like cutting the crumble up into squares when serving. Sprinkle with a little brown sugar for a little added sweetener!