We had the pleasure of sitting down with Jordan, a.k.a. The Balanced Blonde, a peppy, flaxen, California native with wisdom to boot. Her blog profiles recipes, favorite haunts and how to make it in today’s world. Jordan’s philosophy is to feel good in her own skin. She has developed a 5-day cleanse, a quirky and awesome t-shirt line, and just recently released her first book! Here’s one of her favorite guilt free treats!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
PEANUT BUTTER PORTION:
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup natural almond butter (you can do 1 cup of one or the other, but I loved the variety of flavor in the combo)
- 1 tbsp organic agave syrup (may substitute with maple syrup or honey)
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp organic agave syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup organic vegan chocolate chips.
- Whip out your trusty muffin trays, and if you don’t have them, buy them, because they come in handy for just about every yummy treat.
- Combine the nut butters, coconut oil and agave syrup in a bowl and stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture into each muffin cup until you have used it all.
- Place in the freezer until hardened. Now time to start the chocolate portion!
- Combine the cacao powder, coconut oil, agave and chocolate chips in a bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Place a spoonful of the chocolate mixture over the hardened peanut butter mixture.
- Pop them back into the freezer and harden. Now comes the hard part – wait until they are hard so you can nom on those puppies!