Burn 60 is a fun, effective, fast-paced, 60-minute workout for all fitness levels. Based on their certified interval training methodology, this workout delivers!
Each Burn 60 class combines 30 minutes of cardio with 30 minutes of strength and resistance training with modified levels of walking, jogging, and running on a treadmill complimented by targeted floor work with weights, bars, bands, kettle bells, and more!
Here are five tips from the Burn 60 crew to help you take your cardio gains to the next level!
- Include sprint intervals. For example, if you are running, complete a moderate pace for two minutes followed by a fast burst of speed for thirty seconds. This builds endurance, strength & speed, and it burns a TON of calories.
- Switch it up. Do at least two different types of cardio workout each week. For example, take a run on one day, go for a bike ride another day, and add some swimming in the mix! This helps prevent stress injuries and keeps your body guessing.
- Lengthen your workout time. If you’re doing cardio for 30 minutes each time, bump it up to 45 minutes a few times a month. This’ll help improve your aerobic base and keep your body from getting too complacent while also upping your cardiovascular system’s thresholds.
- Train smart by using a Heart Rate Monitor. Be sure you’re working in your target heart rate zones, determined based on your fitness level and age. Want to know what your target heart rate is? This link can tell you more. As your fitness level improves, increase your intensity in order to continue making improvements!
- Always warm-up and cool-down. This is the most important part of the workout, especially if you want to keep working out at a high level year after year. Warm-up for 5-7 minutes to get your core body temperature up before beginning a cardio or weight training session. Once you’re finished, make sure to cool-down for 5-7 minutes to bring your core body temperature and heart rate back down to resting levels.