We had this recipe in the archives, and it’s one we come back to again and again. It gives you all that delicious pizza-y goodness you’re craving without that “so-full” feeling that leads to a night sitting on the couch binge-watching Jessica Jones. It’s easy to make and even easier to eat. Enjoy!
One Serving Size
• 1 Stick Light String Cheese
• 1 Portabella Mushroom (remove the stem and hold on to it!)
• 2 Tbsp. Canned Crushed Tomatoes (we love these San Marzano’s)
• Seasonings: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning, Crushed Red Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Shred that string cheese! You can break it into thirds and place in a blender or food processor, blending at high speed until shredded or just use your hands to pull it into shreds!
3. Place mushroom cap on the sheet, rounded side down. Bake until slightly tender, about 8 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, finely chop mushroom stem. In a small bowl, stir into crushed tomatoes.
5. Remove sheet, but leave oven on. Blot away excess moisture from mushroom cap with a paper towel.
6. Evenly top mushroom cap with crushed tomato mixture, and season with spices. Sprinkle with cheese and, if you like, additional spices.
7. Bake until mushroom is tender, tomatoes are hot, and cheese has melted. That usually takes 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Enjoy on their own or pair with your favorite salad!
3 grams Fat
263 milligrams Sodium
8.5 grams of Carbs
2.5 g of Fiber
4.5 g of Sugar
10.5 g of Protein