Shalya Quinn is a yoga obsessed actress and musician with a 400 hour yoga certification and a love for HIIT workouts. She loves to cook, and being a vegan needs to find unique ways to whip up a meal. Today, she’s sharing one of her Guilt-Free recipes for Fried Rice!
I have a thing for fried rice, but I also have a thing for my body & too much fried rice (or fried anything for that matter) doesn’t exactly help with the ab situation…so, I’ve been experimenting with cauliflower fried rice & I totally nailed it with this recipe.
(And by “nailed it” I mean this literally tasted no different from the vegan fried rice I order in!)
THIS CONTAINS (basically) NOTHING BUT VEGGIES!
This is my new favorite dish. My Guilt Free Gluten-Free Vegan Fried Rice replacement. I don’t even miss regular fried rice.
What you’ll need:
- 1 medium-sized head of organic cauliflower OR Trader Joes has a bag of cauliflower already grated into small pieces that are rice sized! Brilliant!
- 1 Organic Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper
- 4 Organic Mushrooms
- 1 Organic Carrot
- 1 – 2 Cups of Chopped Organic Broccoli
- 1/2 Cup of Shelled Edamame (Trader Joes has them shelled & ready to go on their frozen isle!)
- Sesame Seeds
- Himalayan Pink Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Sesame Oil
- Organic Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Braggs Amino Acid Spray
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
What To Do:
- If you are using frozen edamame thaw them out first. Chop all veggies into small pieces (size is totally up to you) & if you are not using the Trader Joes cauliflower fried rice package then you need to prepare your cauliflower! To do this, start by cutting the head of cauliflower in half & then into quarters through the core then run your knife between the florets & the stem to cut them stem out. Cut any remaining stem from the florets & as you do this it should begin to crumble, use your hands to create smaller pieces, then set aside
- In a non-stick pan, heat a 1/2 TBS of olive oil on medium heat & add all of your veggies, except for the mushrooms (those cook quite quickly so you can add those in towards the end)
- Sauté veggies until they begin to soften & get some color, seasoning them with your garlic powder, salt & pepper (season based on your own taste)
- Once the veggies are soft, add in your cauliflower rice mixing it all together
- VERY LIGHTLY drizzle sesame oil over everything, sesame oil tends to be very potent so you really don’t need a lot! Now add in your mushrooms
- This is totally optional, but I sprayed some Bragg Liquid Amino Acids (soy sauce alternative) over everything to cut down on the soy sauce I used
- Sprinkle sesame seeds as you continue to cook everything
- Drizzle some soy sauce & continue to cook, mixing periodically
- You’ll know when its done as everything will look evenly cooked & your mushrooms should be fully cooked now too!